I hope that you’ve all had a great week! Our students have been working hard to learn, but they have also been working hard to make positive behavior choices and earn HEART coins! We will have a HEART coin celebration on December 19th. Students with at least 25 HEART coins will be asked to attend. Students have been earning HEART coins since the beginning of the year by going ABOVE and BEYOND our expectations and showing HEART! Ask your child how they earned a HEART coin this week!
Family Eat Out Night December 11th
Join us at the Bowman Road location of Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers next Tuesday, December 11th. Eat anytime from 4:00-9:00 p.m., let them know you are from eStem East Village Elementary, and a percentage the sales will be donated to our school!
Rock Region Metro
We are pleased to announce our partnership with Rock Region Metro of Little Rock. This partnership will allow our students and teachers to take the trolley during field trips and visits to the local library. We are grateful for this opportunity, as it will provide our students and teachers with many options when selecting field trip destinations.
Please click on the following link and sign the electronic permission slip stating that your child has permission to use Rock Region Metro for transportation by bus and trolley.
From the Nurse’s Office
The cold and flu season is here, but throughout the school year we must always be mindful of the health of our students, our students’ families, and our staff members.
- Please do not send your child to school with fever, vomiting, or other signs of contagious illness.
- Please use the “24 Hour Rule” and do not send them back to school until they have been fever/symptom free WITHOUT MEDICATION for 24 hours.
- If your student is sent home with fever or vomiting, he/she should not return until they have been free of fever or vomiting for 24 hours.
If you have any questions, please email Nurse Bynum at Kimberly.email@example.com.
Notes from the Office
- Community Night of Coding at UALR: Please see the attached flyer with details about UALR’s Community Night of Coding! It looks like something our students would enjoy!
- HAC: Teachers post grades each week that you can view through the Home Access Center. If you do not have your login, please reach out to your child’s homeroom teacher or Ms. Barnes at Tonda.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dismissal Changes must be made by 2:00: We understand that there are some days that your child’s dismissal instructions need to change. Please email any changes to Mrs. Wirges(Katherine.email@example.com) and your child’s teacher before 2:00 p.m.
- Coat Drive: We now have a donation box in the office for gently used coats. Any coats that are donated will be used to help make sure all of our students stay warm.
- Running Club from 3rd-6th Graders: Running club will be every Monday after school, starting December 10th. Practice will be held from 3:20-4:10. If your child is interested in joining, please click on the link below to sign up. If you have questions, you can contact Mrs. Poynter or Mrs. Culp.
- December 19th: HEART Coin Celebration
- December 20th: Class Holiday Parties
- December 21st: Last Day of the 2nd Quarter
- December 24th-January 7th: Winter Break
Tonda.firstname.lastname@example.org: email, address, and phone number changes
email@example.com; notify us about student absence
Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org; Dismissal changes
Stacy.email@example.com; My School Bucks Help
Have a great weekend!