We’ve had a great first week back after Thanksgiving Break! Our 3rd through 6th grade students have worked so hard this week on their NWEA tests. They have really focused on doing their best, and we have seen a great deal of growth since our first test! We are excited for our Kindergarten through 2nd grade students to complete the tests next week. Remember, these assessments help our teachers pinpoint exactly what students need. Find out more about NWEA by clicking here.
We will have outdoor activities when the wind chill is above 32 degrees. Please make sure that your children wear warm clothes and have a jacket or coat. We encourage you to place your child’s name inside their coats or jackets, so that they can be returned if they are left somewhere in the building.
Behavioral Health Services of Arkansas
We are excited to partner with Behavioral Health Services of Arkansas next semester. Beginning in January, we will have a full-time clinical therapist here at the school. We believe that this is going to provide our students who require these services with consistency and support. You can learn more about the services they offer by clicking here. If you feel that your child would benefit from these services, you can reach out to your child’s teacher or our school counselor, Mrs. Knight. If your child is currently seeing a provider, we will be reaching out to you individually with more information.
Santa is coming to East Village Elementary!
Santa will be visiting Friday, December 7th! If you would like for your child to take a picture with Santa, you can go to www.myschoolbucks.com to sign up and pay the $5 fee. Photos must be purchased by the end of the day on December 6th.
Notes from the Office
- HAC: Teachers post grades each week that you can view through the Home Access Center. If you do not have your login, please reach out to your child’s homeroom teacher or Ms. Barnes at Tonda.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dismissal Changes must be made by 2:00: We understand that there are some days that your child’s dismissal instructions need to change. Please email any changes to Mrs. Wirges(Katherine.email@example.com) and your child’s teacher before 2:00 p.m.
- Coat Drive: We now have a donation box in the office for gently used coats. Any coats that are donated will be used to help make sure all of our students stay warm.
- Sign up for Mini Mets Cheer Camp: Mini Mets Cheer Camp is coming up! Camp will be December 8-13th with a performance at the game on December 14th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or click the link to register.
- December 3-7: K-2nd Grade NWEA Testing
- December 7th: Santa Pictures
- December 20th: Class Holiday Parties (Your teacher will be sending out more information!)
- December 21st: Last Day of the 2nd Quarter
- December 24th-January 7th: Winter Break
Tonda.email@example.com: email, address, and phone number changes
firstname.lastname@example.org; notify us about student absence
Katherine.email@example.com; Dismissal changes
Stacy.firstname.lastname@example.org; My School Bucks Help
Have a great weekend!
East Village Elementary Director