I hope you have all had a great week! We have been focusing on the “T” in HEART this week. Students and teachers have discussed ways to earn and keep trust with their classmates and their teachers. During the first five weeks of school, we have focused on each of the different words that make up HEART. Now, we will get to see our students put that into action! We believe that in order to learn and grow, you have to have HEART!
Picture Day is Monday!!
Picture Day for all students is next Monday, August 27th. This picture will be used for our yearbook and you will have the option to purchase prints! Students will need to dress in uniform for picture day.
We have FINALLY gotten our eStore restocked!
Our eStore is restocked. We have several new t-shirt designs ($12) and eStem water bottles ($8)! If you order items at www.myschoolbucks.com, we will send the items home with your child. Remember, eStem t-shirts can be worn any day of the week!
Arriving after 8:00?
If you are dropping your child off after 8:00, you will need to walk him/her in through the main entrance and sign in with Mrs. Crawford. Please do not send your child in alone. You will need to park, walk your child in, and sign in. It is important that students are here by 8:00 a.m. each day.
Check-outs are for emergencies and medical appointments
Early check-outs should be reserved for emergencies or medical appointments. Students who are checked out frequently miss valuable instruction. If you are checking your child out to avoid the carpool line, we encourage you to contact Mrs. Wirges about setting your child up to be a walker. Check-outs end at 3:15 sharp.
Please remember that the driveway between the elementary and Jr. High schools is the only approved place for eStem East Village Drop-off. Parents should not park in one of the private lots around the area and allow their students to walk up to the building. We are not able to safely supervise the arrival of students when they cross major streets alone.
We appreciate how you have all been so patient with us as we have worked to improve dismissal. Please remember that all carpool parents should drive through the queue lot to pick their students up. The wait time has decreased and we encourage you to try going through the carpool line, if you have been walking up.
Rock Region Metro Night is NOW August 27th from 5:30-7:00!
We would love for all eStem parents & families to learn more about Rock Region Metro and how your child can use the city bus! Learn how to read a system map, how to read a schedule brochure or table, how to plan a trip, how to use the METROtrack real-time arrival information (via smartphones, texting systems or online live maps), how to check for service alerts (such as alerts for snow days or holidays) and many more things to pass on to your child. Did you know that any route in the system can change each year? Do you know when METRO changes routes or how the process works? Do you know how a student can make a route or bus stop request? Is there a bus route in your neighborhood that could save you time and money for your daily commute? Learn it all at METRO Transit 101.
Here's a link to RSVP: https://www.cognitoforms.com/EStemPublicCharterSchool/RockRegionMetroParentNightRSVP
Notes from the Office
- CALS Safe Child Information: If your child walks to the library, please review the safe child procedure. Additionally, if your child walks to the library, please make sure that they have the most current cell phone number of the person who is picking them up. Thank you for your assistance with our goal of being good neighbors in the downtown community!
- Treats for Birthdays: We love to celebrate our students, but unfortunately we can’t have treats for student birthdays. Please do not bring treats to share with your child’s class. We would love your help with one of our scheduled celebrations, which are on Valentine’s Day and before the Winter Holiday.
- Book Fair: The Book Fair is coming soon! Our book fair will be September 10th through September 14th. We would love to have your help! Volunteer support will make this book fair a success! Sign up here. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Wirges.
- Label Jackets and Lunchboxes: Please label your child’s lunchboxes and jackets with his or her name. We are finding many jackets and lunchboxes left in the multi-purpose room and on the playground. We want to be able to return them, when they are left behind.
- Information from the Nurse’s Office: Hello! We are Kimberly, RN and Jenny, Nurse Assistant! We are excited to be serving our students and families at eStem East Village Elementary!
- Student Handbook: Please take a moment to review the 2018-2019 Student Handbook. Then sign the handbook acknowledgement form. This form needs to be completed for each child. Students will not be able to use our computer networks until this form has been completed.
- Free/Reduced Lunch Form: We encourage you to complete the form to see if your child qualifies for Free or Reduced Lunch. Please click here to complete that application.
- Home Access Center(HAC): Accessing HAC allows you to check your child’s grades. Your child should be bringing home information about your username and password. You can contact your child’s teacher, if you haven’t gotten it yet. Use this link to sign in. http://hac40.esp.k12.ar.us
- Join the eTeam!: We would love to have you join our parent organization, the eTeam. The eTeam coordinates volunteers for various events and helps with Teacher Appreciation. We are having a membership drive from August 20th to September 7th. Complete the eTeam registration form and return it with your dues or go to www.myschoolbucks.com to sign up! There will be a prize for the class with the highest participation!
Some important information-
- ALL medicines must be checked into the nurses’ office by a PARENT
- Please make sure we have these things:
- Current Kindergarten physical
- Current immunization record
- Daily required prescription medicines or emergency medicines with pharmacy labels
- Emergency action plans from the doctor for any health conditions such as food allergies, asthma, diabetes, seizures,
- If your child has a special dietary need, please let us know; trays cannot be modified based only on a student telling us they can’t have something; we must have a doctor’s note