eStem Junior High Community,
I would like to start this week’s Director Notes by reiterating a few things that haven’t been shared since the beginning of the year. Firstly, I want to give a quick shout-out to all of the students, parents, and teachers that have helped us make our Motto, Together We Achieve, more than just words. Recently, I have especially noticed extra support from parents, and it has made me realize how lucky we are to have such collaborative and dedicated partners. Thank you!
Next, I thought it would be beneficial to revisit our primary goals for eStem Junior High. I haven’t had a chance to share these since July, so I wanted to refocus on exactly what it is we are working together to achieve!! Our goals are as follows:
- To provide a curriculum that will wholly prepare every student to take full advantage of the unique opportunities they will have as a student at eStem High School on the UA Little Rock campus.
- To provide a STEM focused curriculum that allows all students to grow academically.
- To provide a learning environment in which all students are able to grow socially and emotionally.
Finally, I want to remind everyone of our core H.E.A.R.T. values here at eStem. We are dedicated to these principles, so it is important to revisit these culture pieces as often as possible. We are striving to provide an environment where these values guide our decision-making, and I encourage you to discuss one or all of them with your student over the weekend.
A: Authenticity R: Reflection
I know these reminders have made this week’s Director Notes a little longer than usual, but we felt it was highly important. Thank you for all that you do! If you have feedback regarding anything above, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- Interim reports were sent home yesterday. They should be signed and returned by next Thursday, February 15.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are scheduled for next Thursday, February 15 (4:00 PM – 6:30 PM) and Friday, February 16 (7:30 AM – 12:00 PM). Students will not report to school on Friday, February 16. Conferences must be scheduled in advance with individual teachers. If you have not already heard from teachers regarding conferences, you will be receiving that information soon. Please be watching your email(s) for that correspondence.
- To reinforce behavior expectations, teachers will be given the temporary option of issuing lunch detentions. Currently, detentions are offered before and/or after school. Lunch detentions will simply provide an additional time during which detentions can be served, parents can be called, and behavior expectations can be reinforced via timely consequences. This will not be a permanent measure and should last no longer than two weeks.
- Due to the potential for consistent instructional disruption throughout the day, we do not deliver items (balloons, flowers, lunches, backpacks) to classrooms. Thank you for your support in this matter!
- Parents, you now have the option to order a $10 yearbook family ad in which you can personalize a message to your child! Parent ads are also available and can be purchased at www.ybpay.com -- 1/4 page ads are $35, 1/2 page are $50, and full page ads are $100. If you have any questions about yearbook, please email Ms. Scales.
Please make sure you are checking Home Access Center (HAC) on a regular basis. If you have any questions about the grades you see in HAC, make sure to contact your child(s) teacher ASAP.
- All students who purchase a lunch will need to have money on their lunch account. Money can be loaded onto lunch accounts at www.myschoolbucks.com.
- HAC (Home Access Center) can be used to access students grades and attendance records. You can use the following link and the username/password in your child’s open house packet to access HAC: https://hac31.eschoolplus.k12.ar.us/HomeAccess
- If you have an address, email, or phone number change, please send those changes to Mrs. Peterson: email@example.com.
If your child will be absent, please make sure to email JHSattendance@estemschools.org to let us know!
Junior High Director