We want to keep our families informed of the many measures we are taking to ensure our schools are clean and sanitized daily. General cleaning and disinfection protocols will be followed regularly by our custodial staff and employees. Additional safety procedures for the disinfecting process include the following:
- Additional hand sanitizer, disinfectant, and cleaning wipes have been distributed to every office and classroom
- Additional free standing hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the building
- Spray bottles (containing EPA, CDC, AND ADH approved disinfectants) are used to disinfect surfaces. Our custodial staff will use Tersano's Stabilized Aqueous Ozone (SAO) for daily cleaning, scrubbing, and mopping. SAO eliminates germs, odors, stains, mold, and mildew and quickly kills viruses and bacteria. It is safe and effective with no toxins, carcinogens, or chemical residue. For additional information on SAO and how it works, visit www.tersano.com.
- As an extra precaution throughout the day, random classrooms will be disinfected using the electrostatic spraying systems through the EvaClean Infection Prevention System and Purtabs disinfection tablets. The Purtab disinfectant that is used in the sprayers is safe and effective, killing multiple different germs in 4-10 minutes, and are List N approved products against COVID-19 in 1 minute (click here for more information). Disinfectants take 4-10 minutes to completely dry, and students will not be in the classroom at any time while the cleaning is occurring (enrichment classes, lunch for JH/HS, etc.). If your child's classroom is sanitized using this method during the day, please be aware that this is an additional precaution we are taking and does not mean that we've had a COVID-19 exposure or positive test result.
- Every night, each building will be deep cleaned and disinfected using the EvaClean Infection Prevention System which utilizes electrostatic spraying systems and Purtabs disinfection tablets.
For additional information on our COVID-19 processes and procedures, please read our COVID-19 Procedural Manual which can be found HERE. Your child's safety is our top priority!