We had such a great first day! We are so very excited to have all our new eStem students. This is going to be such an amazing year!
We know that dismissal is a bit hectic as everyone gets used to the new procedures. To help, we put together this guide to make everything run smoother. Please read through the guidelines below and don't hesitate to contact the main office of your child's school if you have any questions!
Thank you for your patience as we all get into a rhythm. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
Let's start with a reminder of the dismissal locations:
- YELLOW ROUTE: 3rd Street (heading west-Towards Broadway St.)
- Who should use it? parents of 2nd grade and 3rd grade students
- How to access route? Approach from the east on 3rd Street. After drop-off/pick-up proceed west on 3rd Street. You will not be able to turn right onto Louisiana Street. If the youngest child at eStem is in 2nd or 3rd grade and not a walker, you will pick up on 3rd Street heading west.
- GREEN ROUTE: Louisiana Street
- Who should use it? Parents of kindergarten and 1st grade students
- How to access route? Approach from the south on Louisiana Street. You are unable to turn left or right onto Louisiana Street from 3rd Street. You will pick-up at the Louisiana Street Playground Gate. After drop- off/pick-up proceed north. If the youngest child at eStem is in Kindergarten or 1st grade and not a walker, you will pick up on Louisiana Street.
- BLUE ROUTE: Alley
- Who should use it? Parents of 4-6th grade students
- How to access route? Approach from the east on 3rd Street. Turn RIGHT into the alley behind the school. If you are turning into the Alley, you can come up in the LEFT lane on 3rd Street, and a police officer will direct you to turn right into the Alley. After drop-off/pick-up proceed through the alley to 2nd Street. Turn left onto 2nd Street, which is a one way street going west. If the youngest child at eStem is in 4th, 5th, or 6th grade WITHOUT A JR. HIGH SIBLING and not a walker, you will pick up in the Alley.
- ORANGE ROUTE: 3rd Street
- Who should use it? ALL Jr. High parents and Parents of 4-6th Grade students WITH JR. HIGH SIBLINGS
- How to access route? Approach from the west on 3rd Street. After drop-off/pick-up proceed east. DO NOT turn right onto 3rd street from Louisiana St. If your youngest student is in 4th, 5th, or 6th grade AND you have a Jr. High student, you will pick up on 3rd Street heading east.
· If you would like for your child to be a walker, please fill out this link.
Here is a link to the printable map: http://5il.co/1isi
Ok, Now that we've gone over dismissal locations here are some "Dismissal Do's & Don'ts"
· DO have patience - I promise, it gets better!
· DO have your child's carpool number visible in your windshield. You can get extra copies by emailing Mrs. Walters (K-6) or Mrs. Stafford (7-9) you need them.
· DO pull as far up in the carpool line as possible.
· DO double check the information above to make sure you're in the correct location.
· DO help your child learn his or her carpool number.
· DO ask if you have a question - we know this is a lot of information, especially if it's your first time!
· DO listen to the police officers and crossing guards.
· DON'T enter the building without permission - this is for safety purposes only!
· DON'T crowd the doorways during dismissal. On 3rd street, please wait at the bottom of the stairs. On Louisiana St., please wait beside the gate and leave a walkway.
· DON'T call your child and have them leave the building to meet you at a different location during dismissal. You can park and come to the door of the location with your carpool number to ask for them.
· DON'T park or get out of your car in the carpool line.
Once again, thanks for being patient as our new families learn the system. We will get this all running smoothly very soon. We hope this guide helped to answer some of your questions regarding drop-off and pick-up. Have a great day!