About the Position
Today's school counselors are vital members of the education team. They help all students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social development, setting career goals, and ensuring today's students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow.
The eStem counselor role includes (but is not limited to):
- Assisting with school scheduling
- Providing direct support service to individual students, small groups, and classrooms
- Completing assessments, referrals, and counseling with students and families
- Coordinating with teachers, administrators, resource specialists and/or community (e.g. service clubs, courts, child protective services, etc.) for the purpose of providing/receiving requested information and/or making recommendations
- Completing home visits and assessments
- Developing and maintaining family outreach programs and community partnerships
- Serving as a member of the family support team and other school based teams
- Completing written reports as needed or as requested by the Director
- Completing reports as required by Federal, State and local agencies
- Conducting professional development workshop on identifying at-risk students.
- Interviewing students and families
- Making oral presentations of assessments, diagnostics, home visits, and observations
- Other duties as assigned
You will love this job if you...
- Have a passion for kids, teaching, and learning
- Have exceptional organization and communication skills
- Are self-reflective and humble, committed to feedback and continuous improvement
- Enjoy working alongside a group of dedicated, hard-working and passionate educators who will become your team and family
- Believe deeply in the mission and vision of eStem Public Charter Schools
What you should have...
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to take and quickly implement feedback
- Flexibility with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to work
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Skills to interpret policy, procedures and data
- Skills to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Social/Emotional Intelligence or the willingness to improve and learn
How you will be compensated...
At eStem Public Charter Schools we take care of our employees. We provide competitive salaries, and a full slate of benefits including medical coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability and an optional 403b as a supplement to Teacher Retirement pension program. Perks include eligibility for yearly performance-based bonuses, and the opportunity to grow professionally and personally. For specifics of the benefits offered, see “Careers”-“What We Offer”