Happy Friday! It's been a busy week, and we've had lots of learning going on! We are getting pumped up for the solar eclipse on Monday! In order to ensure the safety of all students, we have added a permission slip in order for your child to view the eclipse outside. Please complete the form in order to give permission OR opt out of the viewing. Only students with a permission slip will view the eclipse outside. Here's the link for you to access - https://www.cognitoforms.com/EStemPublicCharterSchool/SolarEclipsePermissionOptOutForm. Students who are inside will be able to view the eclipse from a live stream as well. If you have further questions, please refer to the email sent earlier this week!
If you've been hearing about Mets Camp, you may be wondering what that is! It’s our new approach to making sure that all students get what they need. Each grade level has a 30 minute block of time built into the schedule just for Mets Camp. Teachers will be working with smaller groups of students to focus on individualized instruction while Enrichment teachers will be working with larger groups on project based learning units. Groups are flexible and based on data from standardized and classroom assessments. These first few weeks of school we have been practicing routines and procedures that will help the process flow smoothly. We are very excited about Mets Camp as a time that students will get exactly what they need! Mrs. Muller is organizing Mets Camp; if you have any questions, please feel free to email her at email@example.com.
Our eTeam Membership Drive starts Monday! If you haven't joined the eTeam, our parent organization, you still can! The eTeam works in partnership with the elementary and the junior high to support our teachers and students through volunteering, fundraising, and bridging the gap between home and school. Unlike some parent organizations, 100% of the membership fees and all other money raised goes directly back to our students and teachers! Our goal is for every class to have 100% membership. The class (or classes) with the most will receive a popsicle party! You can join the eTeam in the eStore.
We have our first eStem Family Eat Out Night at Purple Cow next Tuesday, August 22nd from 5:00-8:30 at all Purple Cow locations! This is a fun night to visit with other eStem families for dinner, and a portion of the proceeds goes directly back to eStem! You can even get dinner to go and just mention eStem! Tell your friends and family to attend as well!
Here's the Parent To Do List for you to review and make sure you've completed each item:
- Our Student Handbook is available on our website here. Today is the due date to sign the handbook! Please use the link below to sign electronically. so please take a minute to read over and submit your electronic signature - you can even do it on your phone! StudentHandbookAcknowledgementForm (This form includes acknowledgement of the handbook, photo/video release, parent computer use agreement, cell phone policy, permission to leave campus, & permission for Google apps for education.)
- Please review the Student Computer Use Agreement in the Student Handbook with your child and sign this form electronically. StudentComputerUseAgreement
- Our Free & Reduced Lunch Application is now online! Click here to complete the secure application from your home computer or phone. Select Arkansas and then eStem from the drop down menu and then complete the application and submit.
- Don't forget to pay for your Community Supplies! You can pay these online at www.myschoolbucks.com, and you'll need your child's Student ID in order to create a log in. You can get this information from your child's teacher.
- If you'd like your child to be a walker, please click this link to fill out an off-campus application.
- If your child would like to bring an electronic device and have access to our school's wi-fi, please fill out the link below completely. Mrs. Walters will then provide your child with the code for their device. Students may use their devices in class under teacher direction and at dismissal. MetsConnectDeviceRegistration
Notes from the Office
- Did you know that our school collects Box Tops? We receive 10¢ for each Box Top turned in. Just clip them out and send to school with your child in a baggie and we will take care of the rest. Don’t forget to check the expiration date!
- If you have an address, email, or phone number change, please email those changes to Mrs. Owens. This helps us keep our records as up-to-date as possible.
- Is your child interested in being a part of First Arts? Click here to learn more about the program and register!
- Our online store is up and running! Click here to visit the store and see what we have!
- If your child will be absent, please make sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
Save the Date
Every Friday: Cash for Casual for $1.00
August 21: Eclipse Viewing
August 21: eTeam Membership Drive Begins!
August 22: eStem Spirit Night at Purple Cow 5:00-8:30 p.m. at all locations!
August 28- September 1: NWEA Testing (3-6 grades)
August 31: Interim Reports Go Home
Have a great weekend! See you Monday!